Re: quiet shotgun mic Digest Number 4329

Subject: Re: quiet shotgun mic Digest Number 4329
From: "Michael Dalton" mdaltonarielle
Date: Sun May 31, 2009 7:13 am ((PDT))
Re: quiet shotgun mic
=A0
Robin,
=A0
I can't provide much help with the specs. I have been using the AT897 to re=
cord speech by a talking bird for several years. There is ambient noise inc=
luding nearby automotive traffic, singing birds, barking dogs, squirrels ru=
nning up trees, and people talking as they pass. Each aspect of the local n=
oise is far greater than any noise generated by the microphone. Additionall=
y, we have high temperatures and humidity up to 100%; the microphone perfor=
ms well day in and day out. My application, however, is likely less critica=
l than yours. If you are in doubt, make an arrangement with a dealer to pur=
chase the mike after a field test.
=A0
Mike
Florida
www.ParrotSpeech.com

Re: quiet shotgun mic
Posted by: "escalation746"  =A0 escalation746
Sat May=A030,=A02009 5:55=A0am (PDT)

I wrote:

> For comparison there is the AT897, for which
> I have no self-noise value.

No-one has experience with this one?

-- robin