complete rookie here...

Subject: complete rookie here...
From: "Paul Willison" wolfen49508
Date: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:16 am ((PDT))
Hey folks...
I found this list while looking for information on inexpensive preamps for a
Sony Hi-MD unit.
The search for that goes on, but I've been completely fascinated by the various
discussions on the list.  I'm also admittedly  a bit star struck by the fact
that the second posting that rolls off my email list this morning is by Bernie
Krause...
My primary recording subject matter is one that will likely never be covered
here, but many of the secondary recordings I get while in the field trying for
the elusive primary are of ambient night soundscapes, and I'd love to improve
both those and of course, the quality of the primaries..
Anyway, as I know next to nothing about the technical aspects of recording
beyond that which I've been able to self-determine just by trial and error,
I'll likely not have much to say unless it's a question(I'll likely have a few
of those!)...but just wanted to say hello, and I'll be hanging out back in the
corner over there...
Paul Willison.