silence, snow, wind, silence

Subject: silence, snow, wind, silence
From: "Christian Kiefer" XianKiefer
Date: Thu Apr 9, 2009 9:23 am ((PDT))
Hi all:

I'm working on a new song for a Ptolemaic Terrascope compilation.  It's
about cartographers in the American West stuck up in the mountains in winter
starving to death.  Yes, I know, I'm a bundle of sunshine.

I wonder if anyone has some recordings of high mountains that I could use
for the intro/outro on this.  I mean up above treeline-wind through rocks,
the weird silences of snow, maybe some squawking crows or ravens, etc.  I
know I'm asking for recordings of near-silence.

This is non-paying music project for me so I wouldn't be able to pay but of
course it would bed credited to you.

Best,

Christian

P.S.  At LONG last I purchase a Fostex FR2LE from Doug Oade and will offer
my full report soon.  Replaced my aging DAT.  Woo!