The right two mics

Subject: The right two mics
From: ""Philipp Schr=F6ter""
Date: Tue Apr 7, 2009 11:15 am ((PDT))
Hello you all,
I'm owner of a rode nt4 mic and an olympus ls-10 recorder and not happy wit=
the results. I bought the Rode a few years ago to get reasonable results in=
 doing nice ambience recordings. My budget was limited so I thought it to b=
e a satisfying and rather compact
solution. But over the years it came to me that the stereo image the rode
nt4 produces is not exactly what I consider as most enjoyable. There is,
from my point of view, still a lack of... something quite important.(Sorry,=
 my english is not good enough to argue that far). ;)
It seems that I prefer a more flexible setup with two single mics which I c=
aan built up the way I like.
And I'm ready to buy some. I have a little more money available than those=

few years ago. And now I'm about to choose the right mics.
Of course I read about the superb Sennheiser mkh-mics some of you are using=
. But the
fact that my budget now is less limited than a few years ago doesn't mean i=
is unlimited..
It would be possible for me to spend 809-900 EUR or so for two single mics =
which
I like to combine to a ms or sass setup. I'm just starting to get the neces=
sary knowledge in stereo recording.
In 2001, when my goal was to record single species, I also bought a
Sennheiser me67/k6, which I recently found in a hidden corner of my room.
Is it possible to use this mic plus another one to do what I wish to? Or wo=
uld you suggest other models?
Which are the mostly used mics for this purpose?
Please consider that my
plugging capacities are limited because of my ls-10.
Any answer will help me, I'm sure!
thanks a lot from Germany
Philipp
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschlus=
s f=FCr nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=