Post and question

Subject: Post and question
From: "obSession" melvoid2002
Date: Mon Apr 6, 2009 7:26 am ((PDT))
I'm starting to find my old recordings. We had a flood last summer and many
of my precious recordings were hastily packed and moved to higher ground. I
haven't found 'em all yet, but little-by-little, they're starting to be
found. That said, I posted a new one to www.naturerecordists.com under Mike
Schmidt - it's basically evening in my back yard, with a whippoorwill.
You'll hear him immediately, then a pause and at about 1:00, he's moved in
closer and starts singing again.

Now my question. Until my recent purchase of a Zoom H4 (which I haven't
completely tested as of yet), my recordings were all made direct to CD
through a pair of Audio Technica AT-4033 condenser mics. I don't use EQ or
effects. Afterward, I have occasionally used an EQ to reduce the low end,
but that's about all.

Anyway, I've noticed that I tend to get a lot of "reverb" in these
recordings. It's not nearly that strong when just listening, but on the
recordings, it's very noticeable. The question is... Why? My theory is that
we're in the woods and the leaves provide a lot of surface area for the
sound waves to bounce around on... does that make sense?

You can hear it in my two most recent posts on the link above.

thanks

ms