Re: Sennheiser price hike

Subject: Re: Sennheiser price hike
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Wed Apr 1, 2009 7:26 am ((PDT))
Hi James--
Sadly, price increases, world-wide are highly
probable with most governments printing lots of
extra money as their options run out.

There's a very good chance that current prices on
new gear (even up 30%) will seem like a fantastic
bargain in 5 years. Its hard to find any
indicators predicting that major price inflation
is NOT inevitable for all non-essentials and
higher than usual for staples.

Maybe it is the time to make equipment moves that
one knows are impending? Some people will begin
to sell-off good gear but new prices will still
affect used prices. The number of available units
will become rarer as production slacks-off in
response to lower, world-wide demands.

I hate set a gloomy tone, but folks are losing
jobs "left and right" here in the US, Midwest. I
fear we are in for some very rough years. Time to
think very practically if one wants to continue
functioning through them. Rob D.