1. Re: external battery for Marantz PMD661

Subject: 1. Re: external battery for Marantz PMD661
From: "tk7859" tk7859
Date: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:59 am ((PDT))
--- In  "oryoki2000" <> wrote:

> Over on the Tapers Section forum, a fellow who posts as "JasonSobel" repo=
rts running the Marantz PMD661 and a pair of mics that need phantom power f=
or 160 minutes before the battery was exhausted.  This run time is similar =
to the 180 minutes I observed when I tested the PMD661 with Rode NT1A mics.

> That's not a long time.

For interest I've just tested my 661 powered with 4 2000 mAh Sanyo Eneloop =
NiMH AAs

Recording at 16/44.1, with two AT3032s, LCD at maximum brightness "8", and =
LEDs "on" I got 3hours 54 minutes before the low battery warning came on.  =
Recording time would probably have been a little longer if I had reduced th=
e LCD brightness and switched off the LEDs.

It seems that 5 hours recording time will be possible with higher capacity =
(2700 mAh) NiMH batteries.

Cheers

TomR