1. Re: Fostex FR-2LE vs SD 722 (was 722 vs MixPre)

Subject: 1. Re: Fostex FR-2LE vs SD 722 (was 722 vs MixPre)
From: "picnet2" picnet2
Date: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:06 am ((PDT))
Hi,

>From the 24 bit wav file below:-

Perhaps the left channel hiss is greater than the right? This spectrogram s=
hows
the left channel diverging from the right above 8 Khz.

(turn head sideways for those used to seeing them in the normal left to rig=
ht orientation)

http://urlme.net/bl/fre2above8k.png
Above adjusted colour aperture to show the artifact.

http://urlme.net/bl/fre2levssd722average.png
Green/Red =3D FR-2LE
Purp/Orange =3D SD722

SD722 channels show similar freq vs amplitude response.

If the links above dont work / copy & paste them directly to the browser ad=
dress
bar & hit enter.

BR,
Mike.