4. Re: Research Project

Subject: 4. Re: Research Project
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:34 am ((PDT))
Yet, while recording at Christ in the Desert Monastary in Abiquiu, NM
a few years ago, a military jet flew right over the compound at low
level one fall midday exciting a large pack of coyotes just across the
river into a 15 minute chorus of howls, yelps, and barks. So Rob's
point is a great example of different sound type, different effect
(although different season, time of day, habitat, etc. likely played
into the equation, also). These events are where the stories and
secrets to be unveiled lie.

Bernie

On Mar 16, 2009, at 8:19 AM, Rob Danielson wrote:

> At 10:45 PM -0700 3/15/09, Dan Dugan wrote:
> >The challenge for those of us who want to influence the academics is
> >to develop new types of measurements that reflect what's important.
> >
> >-Dan Dugan
>
> The other night I sensed that a very "soft," throbbing, diesel
> generator about five miles away might quiet all coyote and owl
> communications in that direction. It did,..?
>

> Recordings, especially when they include a substantial amount of the
> flow, may have abilities to tell stories. Through history, stories
> have enjoyed good legs. Rob D.
>
> --

Wild Sanctuary
POB 536