Re: Great Bay Area recording locations

Subject: Re: Great Bay Area recording locations
From: "Tom Williams" pterodax
Date: Tue Mar 3, 2009 12:47 pm ((PST))
Bernie,

I checked out Sugarloaf Ridge SP on Google Earth/Flickr - looks like a grea=
place. I guess this is where you recorded the "Sonoma Valley Sunrise" album=
?
When listening to that recording I've always assumed it was made in a deepl=
remote location - a reassuring reminder that it is possible to capture an
unspoilt soundscape without travelling to some of the more remote parts of
the globe.

I've only ever seen that area from the 101 on the way to/from my relatives
in Fort Bragg, and I never realised how many open spaces there are once you
get a little way from the highways. Somewhere to check out when time/money
allow for another trip to the US...

Cheers,

Tom W.