Re: New olympus XLR recorder?

Subject: Re: New olympus XLR recorder?
From: "RAMars" RAMars
Date: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:08 am ((PST))
--- In  "oryoki2000" <>
wrote:

> For a recorder aimed at professionals, Olympus should eliminate the
> LS-10 preamp's reduced sensitivity below 200 Hz, which was first
> confirmed by Leonard Lombardo of Sonic Studios.  It's like a low-cut
> filter than can't be turned off.

Thank you for posting this.  I've been looking for a budget conscious
solution to record from 20Hz-20KHz with decent sensitivity and I had
been focusing on the LS-10, but now I need to go back to do more
research.  I'd love to have just a recorder / pip microphone option,
but the more I look the more it seems I'll need to get a preamp that
can also power microphones.

--Rick