Marantz PMD661, Olympus LS-10, Sony MZ-RH1 Self-Noise TicToc Test

Subject: Marantz PMD661, Olympus LS-10, Sony MZ-RH1 Self-Noise TicToc Test
From: "tk7859" tk7859
Date: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:03 am ((PST))
Hi Rob and the Group

I ran the tests this morning and have sent you direct some WAV files.
 I did two sets of tests; the first with the pre-amp gain turned to
maximum and a second series with the gain at 80%  For a quick
comparison I have put together a compilation of 10 second snippets
from the 100% gain recordings out of each of the three machines  The
quietest (LS-10) is first and the loudest (MZ-NH1) last.  Other than
being converted to mp3 the recordings are "as recorded"

I don't think a lot can be deduced from this until the levels have
been equalised.  However, the Marantz 661 seems to be good.

The mp3 of the compilation is in the files section

compLS66NH.mp3

Cheers

TomR