6. Re: Nady DMP-2 phantom mic preamp

Subject: 6. Re: Nady DMP-2 phantom mic preamp
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:08 am ((PST))
Hi

The MixPre has a 3.5mm tape output and a 3.5mm tape return. Plus you can ma=
ke up a 3.5mm to 2 x XLR's if you want. This gives you the advantage of sli=
ghtly higher gain, always useful when nature recording. If you make your ow=
n XLR leads only wire pins 1 & 2 with pin 1 being earth and pin 2 earth. It=
 is to do with the 'electronic' balanced output.

Hope that helps.

Phil