Re: Naturerecordists Group

Subject: Re: Naturerecordists Group
From: "Lindsay Cargill" loxiaguitarista
Date: Mon Jan 5, 2009 3:40 pm ((PST))
--- In  "J. Young" <> wrote:

> What has become of our "Naturerecordists" group?
>
> R.I.P.
>
>      J.

Regarding the Nature Recordists RIP comment, forgive me but as far as
I can remember some on here are interested in atmospheric and
ambience recording, which to those of us who record more 'vocal'
subjects may be considered as 'silence' ! Has never bothered me when
these discussions start up. Also, the next time you are recording
that passerine song think about what the pauses, or to the bird the
silences, actually mean - is it taking a breather, listening for a
response (from a rival or a mate), or, is it simply 'framing it's
art' ? I like to think the latter, though probably a combination of
all of them. The pauses are certainly pertinent of phrase structure,
which by the way is also a musical concept.Is this 'on topic' enough
for you now or are we only ever allowed to discuss microphone
performance, sound recorders and which wind gag to use on this
list !?

Lindsay