Re: Rycote Furries for Handheld Recorders

Subject: Re: Rycote Furries for Handheld Recorders
From: "Kevin Colver" kjcolver
Date: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:12 am ((PST))
Lou,

They look like muppets to me!

This spring I had a somewhat similar home made version wind screen on
my Sony PCM D1 with the rig perched on a dead tree snag on the Bentsen-
Rio Grande trail well before dawn.  I left the set up and recorded a
few hundred yards down trail.  When I listened to the recording later
I heard a early morning birder work his way nearly up to the
recorder.  He was trying to figure out if it was an owl or nightjar.
Finally he walked off.

If these recorders commune with the creatures the communion might not
be so sweet.  (It's a jungle out there.)  I can imagine the recorder
getting mobbed when mistaken for an owl or getting picked up by a hawk
when mistaken for a squirrel.  If that happens, let us know, it will
make a great story!

Kevin