new DSP based Bat detector

Subject: new DSP based Bat detector
From: "Ivano" ipelicella
Date: Tue Dec 2, 2008 3:55 am ((PST))
Hi all,

I'm new in this group.
I'm an italian biologist expert in electronics.
About 10 years ago I did my first analog bat detector and now (with a
friend of mine) we have produced our first DSP based bat detector.
Here you can find some feature:
http://www.dodotronic.com/index.php?center=11&left=1
this image is our prototype, as soon as it'll be available I'll put
the final product.
Now we are planning a recorder for high frequencies sounds.
Mainly it'll have a 16 bit 1 mega sample per second with a recording
time limited only by SD card capacity.
The true bandwith will be about 400 KHz so it can be used both for
bats and for cetacean (with an external Hydrophone)
Since it's still a project (even if we have done a prototype with 200
khz sampling) I'd like to receive all informations from field users
in order to do the best for this device.
Every comment and information is well accepted!

Thanks all
Ivano Pelicella
Italy

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: