Re: Frog Call - Litoria peronii

Subject: Re: Frog Call - Litoria peronii
From: "Vicki Powys" vpowys
Date: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:42 pm ((PST))
John,

Ah yes the machine-gun frog - that rattle can be deafening when you
are close to one!  Interesting that it responded to your headphone
playback.  Your Spotted Marsh Frog in South Australia seems to have a
more rapid rat-a-tat call that I hear around my place in Central
Tablelands of NSW.

Some Green Treefrogs around my house sometimes respond
enthusiastically when I turn the washing machine on, it has a loud
pulsing sound reminiscent of the frog's own call.  Not exactly
playback, but the same result.

Vicki Powys
Australia