3. Re: cable question

Subject: 3. Re: cable question
From: "Mike Feldman" gidney_n_cloyd
Date: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:39 pm ((PST))

On 18 Nov, 2008, at 9:23 PM, Richard L. Hess wrote:
> Have you used this in the field? My recollection is that each half of
> the twin-zip-cord is about as stiff as Belden 8451.

Yes, I have used it as long-run mic cable -- stereo pair at
front of stage, recorder behind stage.  Handier than two
mono mic cables.  Also use it for stereo patch cords
and insert cables --  keeps the pair together, although
I'm always twisting it around to find the red stripe.  I usually
put some shrink tube right behind where I un-zip the pair.

Yes, it's no where near as limp as the limpest
Mogami, Canare or Belden, but it's not too bad coiled
if you keep the twists out of it.  And I haven't used it outdoors
in cold weather -- it might get stiffer.

-- Mike