Mobile USB Power

Subject: Mobile USB Power
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:12 am ((PDT))
Thought this might be of interest to anyone who needs mobile USB power.

I have several devices that are charged by USB power, either from a computers
USB port or a plug-top power supply with a USB socket, like the Sony MZ RH1
mini-disc machine. For some time I have been looking for something I could
carry around with me that was reasonably compact that I could use to either
power or recharge my devices. Well I have found something which fits the bill
the Kensington Ultra Portable Battery Pack. It has two USB sockets, one normal
sized labelled 'out' and a mini USB socket labelled 'in'. You charge the
battery using its plug-top USB power supply and once charge you can then use it
to power / charge your USB devices. More info here:

http://us.kensington.com/html/15460.html

It has happily charged my MZ RH1 and I can also use it to power the device
whilst recording as well.

It will also prove very useful for keeping the iPhone topped up as well.

I should mention it is a Lithium-ion Polymer battery as I understand there are
restrictions on carrying these on aircraft?

Phil

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: