Energizer Lithium AAs in Marantz PMD 620

Subject: Energizer Lithium AAs in Marantz PMD 620
From: "daveecooke" daveecooke
Date: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:59 pm ((PDT))
Greetings Naturerecordists,

I just joined the group and am interested in long term unattended
recordings (frogs) with the newly arrived Marantz PMD 620.  I was
wondering if anyone had experience using Energizer Lithium AA's in
that unit for a bit of extra time in the field.  The unit has a menu
setting for either Alkalines or NiMH, so I'm thinking I'd be fine on
the Alkaline setting.  But there is no mention of lithiums in the
manual and I've been unable to find anything pertinent in the group
back postings or elsewhere.

I'd really like to avoid an expensive frizzle and subsequent smoke
incident.  The voltage is the same at 1.5V, but I know discharge
characteristics can be different in various battery types...

Best regards, and recording luck to all,

David

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: