Banking turmoil

Subject: Banking turmoil
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:10 am ((PDT))
I simply have to share this with the group, from my dear mate, Syd
Curtis, well if Kevin Colver can tell a joke I'm sure we need better!

      Possibly just Aussie ignorance in our antipodean isolation, but
it might amuse you to know that there's a rumour going round that with
all the turmoil in the market  and the collapse of Lehman Bros. and
acquisition of Merrill Lynch by Bank of America, one should be
prepared for these  likely events in the world of finance:

>> Hale Business Systems, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Fuller Brush, and W. R.
>> Grace Co. will merge and become:   Hale, Mary, Fuller, Grace.
>>
>> Polygram Records, Warner Bros., and Zesta Crackers join forces and
>> become: Poly, Warner Cracker.
>>
>> Zippo Manufacturing, Audi Motors, Dofasco, and Dakota Mining will
>> merge and become: ZipAudiDoDa.
>>
>> FedEx is expected to join its competitor, UPS, and become:  FedUP.
>>
>> Victoria's Secret and Smith & Wesson will merge under the new name:
>> TittyTittyBangBang
>>
>> Grey Poupon and Docker Pants are expected to become:  PouponPants.

And it seems there is turmoil in the Japanese banking system.
Following the problems in the sub-prime lending market in America and
the run on HBOS in the UK, uncertainty has now hit Japan:

> It seems that Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up
> and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches.
>
> Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and
> will likely go for a song, while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were
> suspended after they nose-dived.
>
> Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank
> is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black.
> However, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report
> that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is
> feared that staff may get a raw deal.

Of course I have no way of judging how reliable any of that advice is,
but caveat emptor!

Cheers

Syd     :-)

> --------------------------------