4. Re: A short dawn chorus recording from AWSRG weekend

Subject: 4. Re: A short dawn chorus recording from AWSRG weekend
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Wed Oct 8, 2008 8:51 am ((PDT))
Paul, Andrew et al--

Thanks for the interesting opportunity to compare rigs/mics. I
assembled a volume matched movie that might help with comparisons.
Paul's track is boosted 11 dB.

Of course, the comparison is not as accurate as one could imagine.
The mic placements are not as close as possible, there are different
events and backgrounds on any two mornings and I was working from
mp3's that may or may not have been altered in some ways.  That said,
the comparison is definitely interesting and worth further
exploration for a number of reasons.

6mb QuickTime movie (44.1K-16bit soundtrack)
http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-reports/BoundaryMicExperiments/media/Jacobse=
nPB-Vs_KnappSASS_Lrg.mov

or

http://tinyurl.com/466aya