2. Nature Recording Art

Subject: 2. Nature Recording Art
From: "Kevin Colver" kjcolver
Date: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:22 pm ((PDT))
Hi All,
In my mind I sorted some of my recordings into "art" categories.
I've posted a sample of a portrait, an impressionist scene, and DADA
art.  I was going to do a landscape but I get the message that the
disk space alloted to the group is full.

To me, the Impressionistic art from the late 1800s shows beautiful
scenes with lots of color.  It makes an impression.  Wikipedia also
defines Impressionistic music as compositions that set a scene, often
natural.  Debussy is cited as this type of composer, he objected to
the label.  Ravel is also listed.

My "Impressionistic" scene is at Starvation Creek, recorded with MKH
MS stereo.  There is no processing other than normalizing and fade in/
outs.  All the bold color-sound was achieved merely through fortunate
mic placement.

My Portrait of a Lark Sparrow was done with a Telinga Stereo DAT Pro
in the sage and juniper habitat of the Great Basin desert.

The Dada Rooster is a mono Telinga recording.

Some of you might enjoy figuring out what species are heard in each cut.

Martyn, if there is room on the disk for my landscape recording let
me know.

Kevin