Re: Preserving Florida

Subject: Re: Preserving Florida
From: "rchapanis" rchapanis
Date: Fri Sep 5, 2008 10:27 am ((PDT))
Corporate profit stemming from globalization is having an impact on
flora and fauna worldwide. In my opinion, there's no better summary
about globalization and its impacts than the one in the chapter "We
Interrupt This Empire" in Paul Hawken's book "Blessed Unrest: How the
Largest Movement in the World Came into Being and Why No One Saw it
Coming."

In this chapter, Hawken's introduces the compelling notion that
globalization, as promoted by the World Trade Organization (WTO),
World Bank, and International Monetary Fund (IMF), exists only to
support the civil rights of goods traded--not the civil rights and
welfare of the peoples who make these goods or the health and
sustainability of the world's ecosystems.

Roger Chapanis
Sammamish, WA USA

--- In  Lou Judson <>