Re: Wave Editor for Mac - HUGE price drop

Subject: Re: Wave Editor for Mac - HUGE price drop
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Mon Sep 1, 2008 11:52 pm ((PDT))
At 10:59 PM +0000 9/1/08, John Tudor wrote:
>  > I admit that I never tried the demo because of the high cost. Does
>>  anyone know whether the $80 version of app has the ability to quick
>>  create cross-fades? Let's say one wanted to cut out 10 seconds of a
>>  recording and quickly create a cross-fade between the remaining
>  > segments, will WaveEditor do this? If so, can one fine-tune the cross
>>  fade duration? Rob D.
>
>Rob
>
>The $80 version of the App is THE App. There is no crippling done. In
>answer to your question about cross fade, yes you can.
>
>You highlight where you want the fade, apply a fade out and a fade in
>and drag the handles to whatever shape you want. Various standard
>types of fade are availabe, Segmented, quadratic ,Fast, Slow etc
>
>Also, I queried the company about upgrades. Minor upgrades are free.
>I'd say 1.3 - 1.4 is a minor one.
>
>John

Thanks, John. I took a little time to become more acquainted the Wave
Editor v1.3. Maybe I'm over-looking a shorter method. I couldn't
create a cross-fade without a number of steps. The ability to make a
quick, adjustable cross-fade while cutting in one track is a feature
I miss when I choose to not upgrade my Peak install years ago.

WaveEditor appears to be remarkably similar to Amadeus Pro. There are
a few features in Wave Editor I might use very occasionally, but not
many.  I notice that the recorder in Wave Editor can be set to start
and stop with a volume threshold which some folks might find useful.
Red Book CD burning is a plus for WaveEditor.  The analysis functions
in Amadeus Pro are more sophisticated and these I use regularly.

When performing a number of tasks, I frequently had to wait a few
seconds while Wave Editor updated the file. I haven't encountered
this with other non-destructive audio apps I use. The delay became a
bit annoying when I was trying to compare different settings.

There are probably some other advantages that I'm not recognizing
that others might appreciate. I have Logic Audio as an alternative
app for multi-track & surround editing, mastering, red book, etc.
Wave Editor's multi-track features seem quite similar to Amadeus' if
folks are looking for modest tracking abilities a step up from
Audacity.  Rob D.