1. Decca Tree?

Subject: 1. Decca Tree?
From: "artsonics" artsonics
Date: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:40 am ((PDT))
Yes, That was the name of the chap along with Colin Moorfoot, and
Simon Eaden and some other names that escape me....all names that were
credited with some of the most appealing recordings with Decca. I have
a lot of these classics from as early as the 60's...many of the best
are analog and while you can still discern some (very little) hiss and
noise, they are some of the finest recordings in there field with lots
of presence and have transferred beautifully to CD...I was
particularly impressed with a large piano sound they managed to
achieve when recording that instrument,...and their favourite venue
the Kingsway Hall. Thanks for posting that Phillip, I didn't know he
had passed away. A big loss to the recording industry.
regards all

                clinton williams