Re: Long Duration Recording, Monitoring & Storing (was sequoia grove

Subject: Re: Long Duration Recording, Monitoring & Storing (was sequoia grove
From: "John Moore" jlmoore3rd
Date: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:05 am ((PDT))
If you were looking for something similar to Amadeus for WinDoze (PC)
you might want to try "Sound Recorder & Editor" from Polderbits
(www.polderbits.com). I've used it for a number of recordings and
particularly like the recording timer feature... You can set the start
& stop times. You can then have it save the file and exit.

You have the following sampling rate options in either stereo or mono:
- DVD/SACD - Sampling rate: 48000 Hz.
- Compact Disc - Sampling rate: 44100 Hz.
- FM radio - Sampling rate: 22050 Hz.
- Telephone - Sampling rate: 11025 Hz.

You can then switch to their editor program to view the wave samples.
It has a nice feature that I use for making digital copies of some of
my LPs that automatically splits tracks by searching for silence
between cuts. The editor also includes these filters:
- Click and Crackle filter for cleaning vinyl records
- Noise filter for cassette tape recordings
- Equalizer to enhance the sound quality for all recordings

All this for 24.95 Euro or US$48.95. Even better- you can download the
software & test it out before buying!