DIY: zeppelin cover for light wind

Subject: DIY: zeppelin cover for light wind
From: "Kim Cascone" anechoicmedia
Date: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:42 pm ((PDT))
it's that time of year when we parents drive to the local Office
Depot with a list of school supplies in hand
and wrestle with other parents for that last ream of college-ruled
loose leaf paper
one item on the list was a 'stretch book cover'

as it so happens the stretch book cover didn't quite stretch to fit
the coffee-table seized Geology textbook
and so it wound up being tossed across the living room in frustration
by our teen

cut to early next morning: I come padding out of the studio, coffee
in hand, and notice something yellow and stretchy lying rumpled on
the floor
not remembering what it was
I thought it looked like the lining to my shaggy-dog/dead-cat wind
screen for my zeppelin

it had a hole in the middle and made from stretchy smooth fabric --
but the ends were stitched square not rounded
so for fun I slipped it over my zeppelin
will add a few saftey pins to pull it tighter and fold under the flaps
and voila! instant zeppelin cover for dealing with light wind

and now lives in my gear bag
the one that fits is called 'TUG - standard solid stretch book cover'
and is Office Depot item number 616-545 for those DIY'ers out there
I found some pink covers for $0.50 at Target but didn't notice how
big they were

I've uploaded a picture to the files section of the group server
will test it out this weekend
:)