Re: sE Electronics? sE4?

Subject: Re: sE Electronics? sE4?
From: "joel ryan" jrain_47
Date: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:38 pm ((PDT))
--- In  "digidandy" <> wrote:

> Anyone got any experience with these? Or with sE Electronics in general?
>
> I've just got an offer from a dealer, where I originally ordered a
> matched pair of Rode NT5s. However, they are not in stock, and so the
> dealer suggests the sE4 - and they says they are a "much better mic".
>
> Strangely, I can't find much about either sE Electronics or the sE4 on
> forums on the net - which naturally makes me sceptical.
>
> The specs seem nice, less noisy (apparently!), than the NT5, but I
> wonder how they sound. And sensitivity?
>
> Will be used for (stereo) field recording, and general sound
> collecting, with an FR2-LE.

I've done recordings with these and they were great for live electro/ acoustic
music, but
no experience doing ambient work. The company has big reputation in China, and
they
are very successful in the UK. They make mic capsules for other labels
including at least
one very famous european brand. Their own name is less well known.  Personally,
would take a chance.

Joel Ryan
STEIM / Institute of Sonology