"travel" mic kit?

Subject: "travel" mic kit?
From: "Dave" ba_crash
Date: Thu Aug 7, 2008 3:00 pm ((PDT))
While in North Carolina on a business trip last week, I was intrigued
by all of the sounds that I don't hear in California, so I picked up an
LS-10 at Sam Ash.  While the recordings I obtained are good enough to
bring me back there in my mind, I had some wind noise troubles (which
caused me to switch on the Low-Cut) and I'm not sure about the imaging.

I found myself wishing I had my mid/side rig (akg c480b/ck61 + CAD M179
+ too-small-diameter-for-two-mics-but-cheap-from-ebay Rycote zepp) and
perhaps my MP-2, but there's really no way I can do business travel with
that large of a rig.

I have a pair of Oktava MK-012s and Baby Ball-Gags with Windjammers, but
what I really wish for is a lower cost version of a config I can't seem
to find right now, an X/Y config of remote Schoeps cartridges in a compact=

spherical screen. Or maybe it was mid-side, but I don't see *any* other
figure-8 remote-cartridge options.

Shame that the WL185s have too much noise for good ambient capture....

Has anyone come up with a nice, small, low-noise
travel kit for themselves?

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: