Re: MS speaker article

Subject: Re: MS speaker article
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:02 am ((PDT))
Lou, you wrote,

> Nice to be in the early part of this - I have always been a big fan
> (as in "fanatic?") of MS micing, so it is nice to see it as a
> listening method as well as a recording technique. Googling "M-S
> Speakers" it brought up nothing but lecturere on multiple sclerosis...

MS speakers aren't new. I bet there are hundreds of patents. Some boom-
boxes add difference signal to widen the image.

I imagine that you might get a stereo panorama if you were in the near
field of a one-point speaker. Most domestic listening isn't in the
near-field, however. I suspect that spaced L and R speakers do a
better job of maintaining a stereo panorama in the far field.

Just thinking, try it and see.

-Dan Dugan