2. Re: California fires and biophony observation

Subject: 2. Re: California fires and biophony observation
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Wed Jul 2, 2008 6:40 am ((PDT))
I'll be heading up to Sugarloaf (Sonoma Valley) early next week and
even though there's a natural drop-off of density this time of hear,
there should still be a decent dawn chorus. There is a drought =96 a
serious one (we've had about 40% of total normal rainfall this past
season and things are quite dry). All these permutations play a role
in how natural theatre plays out. As Paul Shepard once observed, the
natural world is quite slow to reveal her secrets. And we need to
come to terms with the likelihood that we'll never know all of 'em.

Will give a report.

Bernie