2. Re: OLYMPUS LS-10 VS DAT RECORDINGS UPLOADED

Subject: 2. Re: OLYMPUS LS-10 VS DAT RECORDINGS UPLOADED
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:02 pm ((PDT))
Hi Syd and all!

I am working on the practical design of the special stereo binaural
mic which fits into the LS-10 and also on a XY stereo setup with two EM21's=
.
They will work very similar to the built in ones, but better
sensitivity and lower noise.

I can make a small number to people on this list!

Syd,
have you seen the David Attenborough presentation of the Lyrebird??
The sequence where it mimics a chain saw and car alarm??
Its very nice indeed!

Klas.

At 00:36 2008-06-27, you wrote:

>I don't have the technical expertise of you or Vicki, Max, but my interest
>in lyrebirds goes back to the 1930s.
>
>Maybe Vicki's level 5 setting is related to the power of a lyrebird's voic=
e.
>The territorial song of a male Superb Lyrebird (the species Vicki was
>recording), can be heard at least a kilometre away.  And the voice of the
>other species, the Albert's Lyrebird may be even louder.  On a calm day, I
>heard the territorial song of one at measured map distance of 1.5 km.
>
>And I understand Vicki was only about 10 metres from her Superb!
>
>So I wonder what that sort of amplitude of sound might do with a level 10
>setting on your marvellous little recorder.
>
>Cheers
>
>Syd (Brisbane, Australia)
>
> > From: Max Catterwell <>
> > Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:09:35 +0100