[gear] 788T and RF interference

Subject: [gear] 788T and RF interference
From: "oryoki2000" oryoki2000
Date: Sun May 25, 2008 9:38 pm ((PDT))
The Sound Devices 744T has a nasty habit of interfering with RF mics
(or more correctly, with the reception of RF mic signals by the base
station).  What about the new 788T?

Charles Tomaras recently received a 788T, and tested it with his RF
mics.   No interference!

Mr. Tomares posted to the RAMPS newsgroup:

"Well...I got my 788t today and I'm pleased with my initial tests of
it's RF emissions. I turned on all my RF mics in my bag and fired up
my 744t which lights up about three RF lights on each of my 205
receivers.

Then I turned off the 744t and fired up the 788t and had it located
"touching" my receiver antennas and there was nary a flicker. I moved
it all around on the antennas, exposing all sides and surfaces in
direct contact with the receiving antennas and all is well!

Also connected the RF mics XLR's to the 788t to see if there was any
RF travelling directly on the XLR cable and same great result.

I do hereby declare the 788t to be RF friendly!