Re: Spring recordings

Subject: Re: Spring recordings
From: "William Ruscher Jr." immonacan99
Date: Sun May 4, 2008 10:35 am ((PDT))
Please ignore the first link's description claiming to be stereo. I
have since discovered how to upload correctly... so mono is claimed
by the site, as mono... not stereo. Thanks !

Bill

--- In  "William Ruscher Jr."
<> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>             During the several week mild spell here in western NY,
> got out and made some nocturnal recordings with the equipment I
picked
> up over the winter. I'm happy so far, with the upgrades. I uploaded
> some of the better recordings to the Freesound Project in a sample
pack
> titled "spring 2008".
> The two links below are mono recordings of a frog (and toad) chorus
> from two different locations with the Sennheiser ME66/K6 combo and
Sony
> MZ-NH1 HD recorder :
>
> http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=3D52127
>
> http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=3D52416
>
> The next link is my first stereo recording (in the same ambience as
> nationsfrogs2.wav) with SP-BMC-2 Sound Professionals binaural mics
> housed in my (Edmund Scientfic) parabolic dish.
>
> http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=3D52415
>
>  It was a definate improvement over the replaced Radio Shack mic
> elements I was using. Although not terribly stereo, some channel
> separation can be heard. I am considering constructing some kind of
> divider to twist ty against the rods that support the mics, to try
for
> better channel separation for the mics housed in the dish. Maybe a
> possible use for some of the plastic Discover cards that end up cut
> into the waste can ?  Like always, any comments or suggestions by
the
> knowledgable members of this group are appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
>         Bill

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: