Re: The problem with knobs (was FR2-LE mic trim (again)

Subject: Re: The problem with knobs (was FR2-LE mic trim (again)
From: "Bill Rankin"
Date: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:08 am ((PDT))
Chris

It's not only Fostex that suffers from bad ergonomic design. As a Sound Dev=
ices owner the lack of markings or indents on the gain control and headphon=
e level is a great irritation to me (considering the price of the unit and =
how easily it would have been to do it right).

I solved the problem by using small fluro dots (yellow is best) punched fro=
m thin card.You need a small leather punch about 2mm (1/8th) diameter and a=
 pair of tweezers to handle them(old stubby fingers too!). Set your gain to=
 mid way or to your favoured position and glue one dot on the top of the kn=
ob and one on the panel face so that they line up. It's then easy to see wh=
en in the field that if the dots are lined up, your on the sweet spot or if=
 not you know where you are.
Note that the dot on the knob should  be offset of centre to work ;-) I sup=
pose a small dab of paint would also work but this is much neater and yes I=
 know the gain position appears on the display screen but I find it too sma=
ll to read even with my glasses on.

Bill Rankin