Re: Costa Rica birds to ID

Subject: Re: Costa Rica birds to ID
From: "Doug Von Gausig" dougvg
Date: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:45 am ((PDT))
At 09:37 AM 4/27/2008, you wrote:

>8=B049'16.64"N by 83=B013'13.55"W Google Earth coordinates, Doug. It
>was in the Osa Peninsula about 21 miles due north of Puerto Jimenez
>across the lagoon at around 1100'. I'm particularly interested in
>the repeated (bark-like) vox at just over 600Hz. Thanks for your help
>with this.
>
>Bernie

Yeah, that one interests me, too - at first I thought one of the Forest
Falcons, or even a laughing falcon stuck on one note... BTW, it helped to
convert the file to 22,100 so I could see the sounds more clearly. The
Thryothorus Wren at the beginning sound like a Bay Wren, but that's not the=

normal territory, I don't think. This is a fun one, lots going on!

Doug
Doug Von Gausig
Natural Sounds  and Photos at:
http://naturesongs.com