Prettyboy recordings posted

Subject: Prettyboy recordings posted
From: "Greg Weddig" gweddig
Date: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:54 pm ((PDT))
I am posting some long form "unedited" recordings on my website.  the
objective is to unscientifically document the progression of spring as
it moves into summer.  Those of you not in Maryland can experience the
dawn chorus here.

Prettyboy is a reservoir close to Baltimore that is a decent place to
record.

I am trying to record every week or every other week, at dawn at the
same location.  I am only rolling off the low end of these recordings,
not editing the content in any way, picking a relatively quiet period
on the morning to post.

See the website for further information.  I have not had time to run
through the recordings and figure out the species that I do not yet
know how to identify by ear, but have posted some of the common ones I
could figure out.

For the most part the point of this effort is to get out recording on
a regular basis.  These are large files, if there is einterest I will
post smaller files (they should stream).

See
http://gregweddig.net/prettyboy/prettyboy08.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/5kgsah

Enjoy, comments welcome, I'm sure I have misidentified or failed to
identify something.  It's a work in progress check back often, every
week I will try to find more traffic and airplane noise! ;-)

--greg weddig
Baltimore, MD
http://gregweddig.net