Re: Amberwood reflector

Subject: Re: Amberwood reflector
From: "tk7859" tk7859
Date: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:05 am ((PST))
--- In  "rackseng" <>
wrote:
> I was thinking about contacting some local plastic moulding companies
> to see if I could get a parabolic mould produced. Has anyone tried
this
> route ?
>
> I'm quite adept with mic mount construction etc, but any ideas would
be
> gratefully received.
>
> Nigel.

Hello Nigel

No experience of the Amberwood, or making/using my own molds etc.

However, the Wildlife Sound Recording Society might still have some
ready made parabolic dish blanks still available at about 25 pounds
each (if I remember correctly).  I bought two at the beginning of
Message: 2007.
Subject: Sorry I do not have the name of the contact at the moment but if
you go the The WSRS website and look at past newaletters you will find
it there.  I have used the "WSRS" dish to develop the latest
"wide stage parabolic" currently being tested.  Plenty of details are
in recent posts by me.

In addition to using a made up dish you could make your own using
segments mdrawn up from a formula ( which is conveniently downloaded
ready to use:-)

I made one myself (using corrux -  estate agent sign material) and it
performs OK.

Have a look at messages #26274, #22283, #22806.  Also you might want to
do a search on tk7859, corrux, parabolic reflectors either singly or
linked.

Cheers  Tom Robinson