Advice sought re equipment

Subject: Advice sought re equipment
From: "rackseng" rackseng
Date: Fri Feb 8, 2008 3:00 pm ((PST))
Hi All,

This is my first post, so apologies if this has been covered before.

I'm just starting to record natural sounds, having spent 28 years
working in broadcast tv as an ops engineer. So my usual sound kit has
been SQN3/4, 416 mic,  recording to DVCam, XDCam etc.

I've bought a 416 kit, and an ASC Minx secondhand, but I'm not too sure
what recoding kit to buy. I normally travel to locations on a motorbike
so durability is a prime consideration !!

I've used DAT, bit concerned re heads etc. Should I go HiMD, MZ-RH1 ??,
or maybe Fostex FR-2LE ??

Any advice would be gratefully received. Nigel.