hello to the group !

Subject: hello to the group !
From: "tempjez" tempjez
Date: Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:15 am ((PST))
Hi,
just a quick hello to introduce myself to the list.

My name is Jez riley French & I am an artist working with field
recordings, improvisation, intuitive composition and the visual
arts. My interest in field recording dates back to age 12 when I
accidently taped over a music cassette with the sound of the back
garden & decided it was more interesting than what was on the
cassette before !

Since then i've issued 21 volumes of field recordings. My
explorations of structures and environments are based on the joy of
dicovery. My work involves recordings of natural sound and the
hidden sounds of structures.

I use all kinds of kit, from MD recorders (always good for having on
you at all times just in case you come across something that you
need to grap really quickly I reckon), piezo and conventional
microphones & CF recorders.

I'm about to begin a year long project 'in place' which will involve
workshops / field trips + performances based on recordings of
buildings with particular resonance for me.

I live in East Yorkshire, UK & also organise a concert / art event
series here called 'seeds & bridges' and run a cdr / cd
label 'engraved glass' releasing my field recording work + other
explorations.

So, expect dull questions about mic stands for the field, recorder
issues etc !  Good to meet you all & I look forward to being part of
this big discussion.

www.JezrileyFrench.karoo.net
www.myspace.com/JezrileyFrench