need frog ID

Subject: need frog ID
From: "Debbi B" dgbrusco
Date: Sat Feb 2, 2008 11:52 pm ((PST))
I was in the Panoche Valley, southeast of Hollister CA, this evening at
Mercey Hot Springs. There is a small creek there, in which many Pacific
Treefrogs were calling. Upon shining a red flashlight in the water, we
found a larger frog (?--I didn't notice any parotoid glands) that was
not vocalizing. It was perhaps 3.5" long not including the legs,
greenish, had irregular spots without centers, mostly dark eyes, and a
lightish dorsal stripe. I picked it up and turned it over, and the lower
part of the underside looked grainy, mostly white with some black. It
had a somewhat pointy rear end. I can't ID it from the books I have.

I've posted a clip of the Treefrogs along with the call the frog made
when I picked it up and it wanted me to let go, which I did after it
talked for me.
Navigate to the Sounds folder, it's the file dated today. BTW, this was
with the Olympus DS2 (which I ended up setting down, since I had a
flashlight in my mouth, and a frog in one hand that was strong enough
that I needed two).

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dgbrusco

Can anyone ID it?
--
/Debbi Brusco/

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: