Re: BBC reporters going undercover as birders!

Subject: Re: BBC reporters going undercover as birders!
From: "Steven Taylor" steev_x
Date: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:11 pm ((PST))
Kevin your gripe is frankly meaningless in the face of what is
happening in Zimbabwe.

I have a friend who is working for an NGO in Harare. I speak to him
when I can in-between the power cuts. Finding water to drink is one
of his primary concerns at the moment, another is that what cost him
3 Million Zimbabwean Dollars 2 days ago costs him 7 Million
Zimbabwean Dollars today... in other words a loaf of bread.

He'll often tell me about events which take days to get into the
worlds media, if they surface at all. Frankly I applaud the BBC for
their continued ingenuity and bravery in this particular situation.

It's maybe time to shift your gaze off the birds and look at the real
story staring you in the face here. Your initiative is noteworthy,
but unfortunately in this context seems woefully misplaced.

Steve