Re: Pacific Treefrog Recording

Subject: Re: Pacific Treefrog Recording
From: "Suzanne Williams" scw1217
Date: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:57 am ((PST))
Jack,

I loved the Google Earth overlay.  What a great resource that is.
All the sound recordings were super.

----------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/swilli41/www
Florida, USA

> On Jan 18, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Jack Hines wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Thought I'd share a recording I made last week of Pacific Treefrogs
> here in the Sonoma valley. I started at about 5:15pm and this sample
> is from about 7 min in. By the time I finished (about 6:30) and
> started the 45 min hike back the chorus had become extremely loud.
It
> was a wonderful experience to walk into the quiet of the forest and
> listen to that chorus doing a long, slow fade into silence.
>
> http://www.jackhines.com/Annadel_Frogs.htm
> (plays automatically with QuickTime)
>
> If the sound doesn't play from you browser you can get to it here:
> http://www.jackhines.com/audio/LedsonFrogs_web.mp3
>
> If you'd rather fly there via GoogleEarth you can download a .kmz
file
> from this page: http://www.jackhines.com/google_earth.htm
> (click on "Ledson Marsh - Frogs" once you opened it in GE)
>
> I recorded it with a Sound Devices 722 and an Audio Technica 822
> stereo mic.
>
> Thanks,
> Jack

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: