Pileated Woodpecker and Boat-tail Grackle Recording

Subject: Pileated Woodpecker and Boat-tail Grackle Recording
From: "Suzanne Williams" scw1217
Date: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:22 am ((PST))
Hello all,

I recorded this sound file with my digital camera, so please excuse
the loss of sound quality and any breathing noises.  (I was trying to
hold my breath!)  My husband had alerted me to the presence of a
(female) pileated woodpecker in our oak trees, not 10 foot from my
front porch.  I was taking video of her pecking.  The tree was full of
a cloud of boat-tail grackles and I thought perhaps some of you might
want to hear it.  Here is a link to the sound file.  It is a
compilation of 2 videos.

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/475714/Nature%20Recordings/Woodpecker_Grackles_1-19-08.mp3

But if you'd prefer, you can watch the video (2 minutes) at You Tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pec2Rk90mps

Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/swilli41/www