Re: Palm Pilot sound monitoring software

Subject: Re: Palm Pilot sound monitoring software
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:54 am ((PST))
Oryoki, you wrote,

>Dan, you have mentioned the Palm Pilot-based monitoring system before.
>  Back in August 2005 you wrote
>
>"The "Soundscape" Palm software that the Park Service has developed
>has revolutionized attended monitoring. It's here, and it works!"
>
>The discussion starts at message 19207.
>
>How can we get our hands on a copy to see how it works?

The Park Service gives it away to volunteers. Ask Kurt Fristrup,

It only runs on Palm, and the Palm must be synched to a Windows PC
with the Access database. I believe that's a standard component of
Windows installations.

I tried to fool my Palm into being able to synch my regular stuff to
a Mac and Soundscape to a PC. Blew it and had to wipe and restore the
Palm.

It's a great way to log while recording. You can load custom button
lists for sounds or species of interest.

I'd like to see a program that translates the Access data into MIDI
so it could be put into a workstation session as a track.

-Dan Dugan