4. Eqium /Freqium CPU efficiency (was Recording Software Question

Subject: 4. Eqium /Freqium CPU efficiency (was Recording Software Question
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:48 am ((PST))
At 9:28 AM -0600 1/11/08, Curt Olson wrote:
>  I've migrated from Waves to Elemental Audio (now RND) plugins for
>basic EQ and dynamics processing. They're a bit more DSP hungry in
>RTAS, but I think they sound better.

Hi Curt--
In case you have the option, Eqium (Freqium/RND) in Core AU mode is
(band for band) _much_ more efficient than both of my Waves EQ plugs
for me. I can run 6, stereo Eqium plugs with 20+ parametric bands
each on a 1Ghz G4 Powerbook / OS X 10.4.8.  Apologies for the subject
line editing. Rob D.