R=D8DE NT55's (was mkh-8020)

Subject: R=D8DE NT55's (was mkh-8020)
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:56 pm ((PST))
At 9:56 PM -0600 1/9/08, Mike Feldman wrote:

>...anyone use the Rode NT55s, which come with
>both omni and cardioid capsules? How do
>those stack up against the AT3032s?

Hi Mike,

Nice that they weigh only 4 ounces each. I saw
that the NT55 manual states, "The NT55 utilizes
the 1/2" (externally biased) gold sputtered true
condenser transducer used in the internationally
renowned R=D8DE NT5."  Both mics are factory rated
as 15dB(A). Weren't there some NT5 tests the
micbuilders list?

Romilly Hambling compares NT55's to a TLM 103 here:
http://www.godsownclay.com/Equipment/Microphones/rodent55omni.html

There is a higher gain recording of rain with the NT55's towards the bottom=
.

Romilly also compares the AT3032's to the TLM 103
here:
http://www.godsownclay.com/Equipment/Microphones/Resources/TLM103-3032_AB.m=
p3

Rob D.