Re: Fwd: New naturesound category question

Subject: Re: Fwd: New naturesound category question
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Thu Dec 6, 2007 3:29 pm ((PST))
Well their response is practical.  How many nature soundscape [not
including bird song guides] albums are commercially released each
year?  Very, very few.  How many who release them would bother to go
through the Grammy entry process?  Even fewer.  I'd bet not very close
to the 30-50 they'd want to consider award winners from.  If they have
only 5 entries...they can't very well give an award from that.

I am happy to support this endevour, but I can certainly see the point
of view that says it's not really a valid award category.  Remember,
the Grammy's are 'commercial' awards given by an industry to itself to
help promote their own products.

Danny