Fwd: Re: [Nature Recordists] Converting Hi-MD ATRAC

Subject: Fwd: Re: [Nature Recordists] Converting Hi-MD ATRAC
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Thu Nov 1, 2007 8:05 am ((PDT))

>Rob D. wrote:
>>  >Hi Phil--  Can you send us a link to the discussion in the
>>  > Forum where you came across it? Thanks, Rob D.
>

>Philip Tyler wrote:
>>Hi Rob
>>I actually came across it while doing a search to do
>>with batteries for an MZ RH-1.
>>Glancing at the top of the page I noticed this
>>'advert', which was part of the 'Ads by Google'
>>section.
>>In fact typing 'ATRAC Converter' into Google, it is
>>the top hit on the resultant page.
>>Phil

Thanks Philip. I posted your link/news  to the Hi-MD Forum. Seems
possible that list readers had not heard about it yet.  One would
think Sony doesn't have much to lose at this point and might grant
recordists greater access to the ATRAC files we create. I didn't
check, does their new recorder even use/offer ATRAC?  Now might be
the time to hit Sony with another round of requests. Rob D.